In the field of information and ergonomics, we are conducting research on human interfaces between driver and car to prevent traffic accidents caused by human error on the part of the driver. In particular we are conducting research on the optimization of visual information presented by devices such as car navigation systems, safety of lights to assist driving at night and driver reactions in the event of an emergency.
Current Major Research Topics
- Research on technology to improve information devices in automobiles
- Research on driver characteristics and vehicle maneuverability
- Research on the improvement of vehicle lighting
- Research on methods to present signals between vehicles based on the psychological characteristics of drivers
Past Major Research Topics, etc.
- Research on Information Processing by Automobile Driver
- Research on standard compliance evaluation of lighting when examining imported cars
Major Testing Facilities and Devices