In the field of collision safety, there has recently been a trend of a reduction in the number of deaths, but considering the fact that the number of accidents and injuries continues to rise, we are conducting various types of research to ensure the safety of occupants during collisions and on the structural strength of vehicles.
Current Major Research Topics
- Research on occupant protection in side collision of automobiles
- Research on effect on occupant injury by characteristics of vehicles in head-on collisions
- Research on test methods for pedestrian protection
- Research on occupant protection when using CRS
- Research on occupant protection in wheelchair transport vehicles
Past Major Research Topics, etc.
- Research on improvement of front structure of automobiles for pedestrian protection
- Research on optimization of the absorbed energy and evaluation method in side collision of automobiles
Major Testing Facilities and Devices
- Impact test facility for pedestrian protection