In the field of maneuverability, we are conducting research on vehicle steering stability, braking performance, maneuverability of automobiles as a system including the vehicle and the driver, and overall driving performance of vehicles. At present, we are particularly focusing on the stability of large vehicles, development and evaluation of ASV (advanced safety vehicle) technology and driver characteristics from an accident prevention perspective.
Current Major Research Topics
- Research on Rollover of Cargo Vehicles
- Research on Driver Behavior and Vehicle Dynamics
- Research on a medium speed brake tester for use in automobile services and inspections
Past Major Research Topics, etc.
- Research on the development and evaluation of advanced safety vehicles (ASV)
- Research on methods for bench testing large vehicles equipped with ABS
- Research on the dynamic response characteristics of vehicles
Major Testing Facilities and Devices
- Equipment to measure the braking performance of automobiles
- Dual axis constant speed brake tester